My Coaching Perspective
My approach may be quite different from what you've read or heard from other life coaches. Here's what I believe:
Before you change your circumstances, it's essential to get clear on your perspective.
- Otherwise, how will you know if you're intuitively moving toward what fulfills you or just running away from what you fear? Knowing your true intentions can profoundly change the direction of your path.
It's okay if you don't feel grateful right now.
- While a gratitude practice serves some people well, it doesn't work for everyone. In fact, it can make you feel worse, especially if your life looks good, but feels wrong. There’s nothing actually wrong with you. And there is another way.
You don't have to keep letting go over and over again.
- Sure, some stressful emotions disappear the first time we release them, but if they keep coming back it's time for a different approach. As Byron Katie says, "I don't let go of stressful concepts - I question them. Then they let go of me."
Finding fulfillment in the process is more important than reaching your actual goal.
- Many of us strive to achieve a goal thinking that's when we'll feel fulfilled. But then the moment of glory passes (or never actually arrives) and we move right onto the next goal. If you aren't experiencing fulfillment in the process, the goal is irrelevant.
A Compassionate Collaboration
Even just a few sessions with me can empower you to transform your life.
As your mirror, I reflect back to you your deepest core values and reveal your self-limiting beliefs to help you see new perspectives and harness your strengths. As a sounding board, I echo back your profound realizations so you can set and accomplish truly authentic, fulfilling life goals.
I make absolutely no judgments about you or your situation, which creates a trusting environment where you feel heard, respected, and supported. This allows me to ask powerful questions that help you find the clarity you need to make sustainable changes in your life.
Ultimately, the best way to know if my coaching methods are a good fit for you is to have a conversation. Your introductory session is always free!
I provide coaching services by phone to clients around the world, as well as locally in the South Bend area.
Due to the demands of my higher education wellness program consulting work, I am currently accepting clients on a case-by-case basis only. If you're interested in working with me, contact me to set up a free introductory session. Prior to our conversation, please be sure to review the Start Here page.
- My ideal clients identify as selfless perfectionists (empathetic and naturally selfless, with very high standards and an active inner-critic).
- My session rate for individuals is $100/hour.
- This amount is negotiable depending on your unique financial circumstances and my availability. I'm happy to discuss adjustment options with you.
- If you'd like to receive executive coaching through your employer, request information about my rates and packages for corporate and nonprofit contracts.
I'm very flexible when it comes to the number and frequency of your sessions. I work with clients on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis, and am happy to make adjustments as necessary.
Contact me today to schedule you free introductory session!
Core Values Assessment Package
One of the most powerful exercises I do with all my clients is to complete a Core Values Assessment. I do this, because as the Life Layer Model™ shows, our most profound perspective shifts happen when we become aware of our deepest core values. Not the ones we think we have and not the ones we wish we had. Our actual core values. Do you know yours?
I offer this package as a stand-alone option, because it has the power to increase awareness, provide clarity, improve decision-making skills, strengthen relationships, and lead to fulfillment, even without additional coaching sessions. It's ideal for anyone at a major transition point, including:
- High school and college graduates
- Engaged couples
- New parents
- People going through a career change
- Divorced individuals
- Retiring seniors
The package includes:
- One Core Values Assessment session (~ 1.5 hours)
- A customized Core Values Chart with your identified value groupings
- Instructions and email support for completing your homework assignment
- One Reflection & Reintegration session (~ 1 hour) to determine your highest priorities and next steps
I offer this package, which is valued at $300, for only $200. Please use the contact form above to schedule an assessment or ask for more information.
What My Clients Have to Say...
Becky helped me delve into my own dreams and fears, and leave other people's expectations behind.
~ Marijke, truth-seeker & advocate for sustainable communities
Coaching with Becky has given me the incredible gift of self-discovery. Our conversations are insightful, practical, and rewarding.
~ Caroline, nonprofit program director & world traveler
A chance meeting with Becky has resulted in a beautiful working friendship. She lights my path so I can blaze trails.
~ Veronica, community builder, mom & event guru
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does a life coach do?
Life coach is a catch-all for someone who helps people improve their overall quality of life. There are many different types of life coaches out there - health coaches, executive coaches, high performance coaches, etc.
I specialize in helping people from all walks of life shift their perspective so they can reconnect with their sense of self-worth, find fulfillment, and make peace with uncertainty, regardless of the challenges they face.
2. How does life coaching work?
Coaches interact with clients in many different ways - one-on-one, in group settings, by video chat, in-person, over the phone, weekly, monthly, as needed - there is no right or wrong way. The question is, what works best for you?
Even more important than setting and frequency is the question of a coach's style and methods. Not every coach is a good fit for every client. This is why I always offer my first introductory coaching session free of charge.
I work one-on-one with my clients, typically every two weeks by phone, to help them learn to use various frameworks and methods in their own lives. I also teach classes for people who want a more self-directed approach to personal growth. My easy-to-use frameworks and processes are proven to increase clarity and reduce stress, especially when the going gets tough.
3. Why did you become a life coach?
My Sparketype profile is Advisor/Scientist, which means I love guiding people through the process of self-exploration and evolution, using methods that have been rigorously tested and proven to work.
I'm mostly analytical with a little bit of woo-woo thrown in for good measure, and I'm always empathetic to the challenges you may face along your path through life. Believe me, I've been there. I know what it feels like to struggle with stress and feel completely unfulfilled, and I also know that one perspective shift can change everything.